Sat, 05 June|
World Environment Day 2021 & Rotary's 100th Anniversary Planting
Hosted by First Friends of Dandenong Creek and the Rotary Club of Bayswater, and supported by Knox City Council, reconnect yourself to nature by helping to plant over 2000 indigenous
Time & Location
05 June 2021, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm AEST
Bayswater, Ricdanic Dr, Bayswater VIC 3153, Australia
About the event
Hosted by First Friends of Dandenong Creek and the Rotary Club of Bayswater, and supported by Knox City Council, reconnect yourself to nature by helping to plant over 2000 indigenous plants which will help improve water quality along the Dandenong Creek and provide important habitat for local wildlife. The whole community is welcome to register and get grounded amongst the creek and bushland.
Enjoy a guided nature walk and discover the unique biodiversity Knox has to offer. Remember to download iNaturalist on your smart-phone to help record any interesting biodiversity you observe on the day! The Rotary Club of Bayswater will be providing a sausage sizzle.
When: Saturday 5 June 2021, 10:00am – 12:00noon
Where: Dandenong Creek - Ricdanic Drive, Bayswater 3153
Parking: Park on Ricdanic Drive, Bayswater and follow the signs along the shared path down to the creek.
If parking is an issue on Ricdanic Drive try The end of Armstrong Rd in Bayswater or the end of Heathmont Rd in Heathmont near the Maroondah Nets Facility at HE Parker Reserve and walk down stream 600 metres to the site.
What to bring:
· Gardening gloves
· Sun screen
· Enclosed shoes
· Water bottle
Staying COVID safe
· Please do not attend if you are unwell or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine.
· Contact tracing: All attendees will be asked to scan the QR code on arrival, or fill in the contact tracing sign-in sheet.
· Please keep at least 1.5 metres distance between you and anyone you don’t live with whenever possible. If you cannot keep this distance, please wear a face mask.
· Please sanitise or wash your hands between using planting equipment and throughout the day.
· Please practice good hygiene such as washing your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds before arrival and coughing and sneezing into a tissue or your elbow.
World Environment Day planting
Registrations Essential! Register Here https://forms.gle/xdv7M1jxBVUfSCfC6